Game Thread: Red Wings at Predators – 4/11 85 0 by DH.N Bot 19 years ago In Game Thread Open Game Thread Detroit Red Wings at Nashville Predators April 11, 2004 – 4:00 PM Related Posts 19 years ago Game Thread: Predators at Red Wings – 4/10 81 0 2 19 years ago Game Thread: Red Wings at Predators – 4/13 82 0 5 19 years ago Game Thread: Predators at Red Wings – 4/15 102 0 5 19 years ago Game Thread: Red Wings at Predators – 4/17 84 0 2
Just a few thoughts…
1) Man, those Nashville fans acted like they had won the series by winning that one game. I guess no one told them that, unlike in football, we play a best-of-seven series in hockey.
2) The third Nashville goal was bull. Yzerman got hauled down to start the play. If that goes called, the goal doesn’t happen and the Wings get the power play down by only one.
3) Were the Nashville fans chanting “You Suck!” several times in the game? If so, I say they don’t deserve another playoff game ever again. Real classy.
1. Oh well, let them have their one little win. Maybe it will make them feel better when the series ends in Game Five.
2. Couldn’t agree more.
3. They were saying, “Red Wings Suck,” “Legace, Legace, Legace, You Suck,” and cheering like crazy when Cheli was lying stunned on the ice. I was developing new respect for Nashville after the way Barry Trotz has been so classy in his post-game comments, but these fans just might make me change my mind.
3. a.) Did anyone warn the fans that they might not want to antagonize Cheli too much, by cheering when he might be hurt and chanting, “Chelios is a baby!”? He seems to feed on that kind of thing. Just ask the Canucks.
3. b.) Is it ironic that they’re calling our defenseman a baby after the way they were diving in games one and two?
3. c.) Is it ironic that they’re telling our goalie he sucks when their goalie is the one who kicked the puck into his own net yesterday?
4. Some of them are apparently very stupid– I would swear I heard many of them chanting, “Hasek, Hasek, Hasek, You Suck.”