I’m not disappointed with tonight’s loss. The couple things I took away from it…
- Jimmy Howard was solid overall but I think the shaky moments were painfully obvious. There was a point in the first where he let a rebound right out into the slot as he slid out of the crease. Actually, it felt like he was giving up a ton of rebounds in general. For the most part, though, he was following the puck well.
- Ville Leino definitely has NHL-calibre hands. He has to learn how to battle for the puck, though. He looked good on the rush but seemed to not know where to go once the Wings were in the offensive zone.
- Kyle Quincey is the odd-man out on defense right now. He was not noticible out there, even after Chris Chelios went down.
- The line of Leino, Justin Abdelkader and Darren Helm seemed like it was out there every other shift.
- Helm is insanely fast. There was a play in the first where it felt like he didn’t so much skate around a defender as he did teleport to the other side of him. He’s that quick.