Penguins Might Turn to Sykora in Game Six

The Red Wings look to claim their fifth Stanley Cup Championship since 1997 tonight in Game Six of Detroit's series with the Pittsburgh Penguins.

The Wings, coming off of a 5-0 win in Game Five on Saturday, have a 3-2 series lead and see no need to make any lineup changes. They'll stick with the same players that won that game, including Pavel Datsyuk, who had missed the first four games of the Finals.

Pittsburgh is expected to make one lineup change, bringing in Petr Sykora. Sykora has been held out of every game of the Finals as a healthy scratch but the Penguins are looking to add his scoring after being shutout on Saturday. There is no word on who he would replace in the lineup.

Pages: (2)

• 1
  • 2

Draper finished!

Posted by YzerFan19 on 6/9/2009 at 10:12 PM

Well I never. Draper. Come on!

Posted by Britishwingsfan on 6/9/2009 at 10:14 PM

It's about freakin' time for the power play >:|

Posted by Mathieu_Datsyuk132351 on 6/9/2009 at 10:15 PM

I'm gonna say this once. Lidstrom had a stick between his legs, couldn't clear, and the puck ends up in the net.

It's the grievious high hits that were'nt called that bother me. Like i've said in other posts, this is going to lead to a death, or a player being unable to play again. The NHL should be called out by the press, or sued, I lost count on all the high hits and elbows the Penns commited in the 1st.

Posted by Datsukian on 6/9/2009 at 10:15 PM

Malkin with a stupid penalty. Surprise.

Posted by YzerFan19 on 6/9/2009 at 10:15 PM

Wow, an actual powerplay for the wings.

Posted by Britishwingsfan on 6/9/2009 at 10:17 PM

DAMNDAMNDAMN!

That was wide open. It's good to see them getting chances, though.

Posted by Mathieu_Datsyuk132351 on 6/9/2009 at 10:17 PM

Oh god, another power play. HAVE to score here.

Posted by YzerFan19 on 6/9/2009 at 10:20 PM

Powerplays, buses etc, etc.

Just make this one count.

Posted by Britishwingsfan on 6/9/2009 at 10:22 PM

Two minutes. No blood. Damn.

Posted by YzerFan19 on 6/9/2009 at 10:22 PM

Oh man, oh man, oh man. This is the moment.

Posted by Mathieu_Datsyuk132351 on 6/9/2009 at 10:22 PM

Wasted power plays. Damnit.

Posted by YzerFan19 on 6/9/2009 at 10:25 PM

Simply can't afford to waste these.

Posted by Britishwingsfan on 6/9/2009 at 10:28 PM

I thought for sure those penalties would have paid off. Tight game, exciting for sure.

Posted by klaitinen on 6/9/2009 at 10:31 PM

Crosby touched the Prince of Wales trophy, if I remember correctly, they deserve to lose.

That was a big save.

Posted by Mathieu_Datsyuk132351 on 6/9/2009 at 10:31 PM

Running out of time...

Posted by YzerFan19 on 6/9/2009 at 10:32 PM

Wow...

Posted by klaitinen on 6/9/2009 at 10:33 PM

There it was. Damn.

Posted by YzerFan19 on 6/9/2009 at 10:33 PM

I thought that was it. f*ck.

Posted by Britishwingsfan on 6/9/2009 at 10:35 PM

If that was Osgood would they have blown the whistle that quick? Hmmm.

I will have no nails by tomorrow.

Posted by Mathieu_Datsyuk132351 on 6/9/2009 at 10:36 PM

And Penguins fans want to bitch about people covering the puck in the crease...

Posted by YzerFan19 on 6/9/2009 at 10:37 PM

Hey, game 7 =/

Posted by Mathieu_Datsyuk132351 on 6/9/2009 at 10:38 PM

K, he didn't cover it.

Goddamnit.

Posted by YzerFan19 on 6/9/2009 at 10:38 PM

I dunno what NBC showed, but on CBC, Scuderi clearly did not put his hand on the puck. He sure as hell tried to, but Fleury beat him to it.

Posted by Stormo on 6/9/2009 at 10:39 PM

What a f*cking horrible day.

Posted by catmandu on 6/9/2009 at 10:39 PM

Damn damn damn. Not sure I'll be able to take a game 7.

Posted by Britishwingsfan on 6/9/2009 at 10:42 PM

"Detroit's going to win in Detroit, cause I said so. You better listen to me folks cause I'm never wrong" - Grapes, himself.

He's been right the last two years in predicting the Cup winner.

Posted by Mathieu_Datsyuk132351 on 6/9/2009 at 10:45 PM

Courage, brothers! Cherry is calling a win for Detroit in Detroit...is that a bad thing or a good thing? Don't go messing with our karma, Don! We need that perfect game, puck luck, and the Cup. There's no place like home. And who are the officials on Friday?

Posted by OldBroad on 6/9/2009 at 10:48 PM

i'm not nervous, we played like sh¡t today, the refs helped out the Pens quite a bit, and we still came really close

Posted by pattonbordin on 6/9/2009 at 11:01 PM

Regardless of how it ends, this has been a truly amazing series.

Posted by jrr106 on 6/9/2009 at 11:02 PM

I wasn't going to ban anybody, but...

Posted by YzerFan19 on 6/9/2009 at 11:10 PM

Hossa still hasn't had his breakout scoring game this series, and he has just one chance left. Surely game 7 will separate the men from the boys. I would expect nothing less than the Wings' best game...no pressure...they're professionals (just thinking online, here...).

Posted by OldBroad on 6/9/2009 at 11:45 PM

I was going to post "and let the excuse making begin..." but as I can see I'm too late. I swear, can't it just be the case that both teams fought hard, both took penalties and it just didn't happen this time? It's a home team's series so far which looks good for Detroit right now...but you guys gotta hope that somehow Pittsburgh can lose in Detroit 4 times in a row. Regardless of how it ends, this has been a truly amazing series.

i love how the Pen's fan's wouldn't show their face's here after their team acted like a bunch of little girl's and got whooped 5-0 in Gm 5 but oh of course they get a win last night and gotta stick their nose's in here and gloat that's just sad

Posted by bigred4478 on 6/10/2009 at 11:06 AM

Game 6 was a good game, wings have to feel good after the third despite the loss. I just think penguins are destined to win this series and the Nhl thinks so to. Penguins win game 7. Shocker in motown. Its all set to happen. No way penguins lose game 7.

Posted by RideTheRedWave on 6/11/2009 at 3:38 AM

Bite your tongue and let someone slap your texting fingers!!!

Posted by OldBroad on 6/11/2009 at 6:06 PM

We were dead after game 4 to and look at what we returned with at JLA no negativity on this just believe in the group we got despite how we played in Game 6 we didn't get blown out at least the PK has been good if they just let them play and call the right call's we got this it can be done and WILL be done Friday's team will be a totally different animal Pav is gonna come save the day watch

Posted by bigred4478 on 6/12/2009 at 12:58 AM